Elizabeth O. Tegins, MD
Elizabeth Tegins, MD is originally from Long Island, New York. She graduated from the Honors Program at Boston College and earned her medical degree from the State University of New York- Downstate in Brooklyn. She completed her ophthalmology residency training in Baltimore, Maryland at The Kreiger Eye Institute at Sinai Hospital where she served as a Chief Resident. Throughout her medical training, Dr. Tegins has volunteered internationally to care for and operate on patients across India as well as in Ghana, West Africa.
Dr. Tegins completed her training with a two year vitreoretinal surgery fellowship at the University of Iowa. There, she developed an interest in inherited retinal disease and participated in experimental gene therapy surgeries.
Dr. Tegins has presented research at national meetings. She is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the American Society of Retina Specialists.
Dr. Tegins is honored to be a member of North Carolina Retina Associates and she is excited to call Chapel Hill home.
In her spare time, Dr. Tegins spends time with her husband and daughter. They enjoy spending time at the beach, downhill skiing, tennis and traveling.
- Vitreoretinal Surgery Fellowship, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- Ophthalmology Residency, Kreiger Eye Institute, Sinai Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- MD, State University of New York- Downstate, Brooklyn, NY
- BS, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Retina Specialists